Fail to find or download apps from Google Play Store
- Can’t find your game in Google Play/Google Play shows that Your device isn’t compatible with this version.
Some times during the first several startup, you may not be able to find or download the desired app since that Google may mistakenly decide your device as incompatible. We are constantly updating Google Play version in new releases and try to eliminate this problem as much as possible. Two possible solutions for this problem include:
- Re-install Nox App Player and re-log in to your Google account
- Download the game/app apk from https://apkpure.com/ and drag it into Nox to install
- “XXX” could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [DF-DLA-15])
Option 1: Clearing Data and Cache
- Go to Settings > Apps. Tap All > Google Play Store then tap the Clear Cache button.
- Clear out your Play Store data
- Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play services then tap the Clear Cache button. If that fails to solve the problem, come back to this page and tap the Clear Data button.
Option 2: Uninstall Google updates
- Go to Settings > Apps > Uninstall updates of Google Play Games, Google Play services and Google Play store.
Option 3: Reset app preferences
- Go to Settings > Apps > Click the three dots on the upper right corner and choose Reset app preferences > Reset apps
- Play Store won’t load or download apps
Also applies to:
- “No connection”
- “Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]”
- “AppName could not be downloaded due to an error. (927)”
- “Connection timed out”
Google official troubleshooting: https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/6241347?hl=en&ref_topic=6046226